- Social media is a force for empowering entrepreneurs through branding and marketing, say 86% of those polled in a study by the Dubai School of Government (DSG).
- 84% said students would benefit from social media to develop entrepreneurial skills.
- 81% agree that having national social media policies would facilitate better use of social media in the workplace.
- Social media can help youth enter the workforce through job matching (70%), and up-skilling (84%).
- Social media influences the workplace by triggering more customer satisfaction (85%), increasing trust between co-workers (78%), and boosting intra-agency collaboration.
There’s been a lot of debate on the value of social media. After all, it’s easy to argue about the potential of social media as a powerful marketing channel. The ability to communicate with so many people instantly is like catnip to marketers and business owners alike.
Social media marketing tips:
- Be everywhere
- Interact with your audience
- Provide something of value
- Learn from your community
- Promote everywhere
- Write until you can’t write anymore
- Find niche networks within your industry
- Use third party tools
- Pass traffic to your website
- Serve the community