Since the Christmas and New Year holidays I had a minimum move and ate like a pig all the food and leftovers from noon till night without feeling guilty.
Now I’m back to hit the gym hardly aiming to balance between my moves and my diet.
I’m not really into running so I do my cardio in other ways and sometimes 30 min of a cardio can be enough to energize my body then I move to another type of exercise.
Last week I had the chance to try the first Ride + Twerk class at Urban Ride together with Linda and Jacqueline from Enough Dance Crew.
My general health goals is to feel physically and mentally strong and balanced. I want to try go back swimming but being a swimmer till the age of 18 makes me hesitate to start again.
In the end I’m happy that I keep moving here and there and sometimes I’m everywhere 😉
Christmas Ride with Kajsa Ålund
True magic means for me adding some festive touches to home which make the days all more cheery and memorable all winter long.
Poinsettias still my one most favorite Christmas flowers. For many years now this cheery plant has been brightening up my home.
My day started with a Christmas ride at Urban Ride in Stockholm, then I went with my boyfriend to get a big Xmas brunch at Urban Deli in Södermalm, and we bought some food. Now our home is full of yummy food for my tummy.
Back to home, I wanted to try baking and have a healthy little Christmas. If you love chocolate then you’ll love this recipe.
A delicious healthy treat for dessert or a breakfast.
Here is the recipe. Hope you will try it and enjoy it!
Servings: 12 muffins
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, warmed to liquid
- 2 tbsp Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp strongly brewed coffee
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil muffin pans or line with paper liners.
- Use a whisk to combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Use whisk to combine all wet ingredients in a separate mixing bowl and whisk until ingredients emulsify and become uniform. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan until cups are 2/3 of the way full. If using chocolate chips, drop a couple on top of the muffin batter.
- Cook muffins for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center cleanly.
Renewal Camo Army Jacket, Adidas Sweatshirt – Urban Outfitters
Dressing for cold, oh tell me about it. I think that dressing for the dark days should not be depressing.
At this time of year especially in Sweden, great layering is the key. Finding a good coat is a big investment.
When it comes to winter outfits and as many have been asking me, yes I like mixing up sassy faux fur or army jackets with midi skirt or a jeans.
Lunch at Koloni Biblioteksgatan
But soon I’m back home, I’m flying to Egypt! With a full memory card in my camera and a great love for sunny days. Oh Ma Gosh my skin miss vitamin D and I need some tan too.
Stay tuned for more here! I’m soon gonna pack my suitcase for the no rest days, haha. I so looking forward for them! Talk soon, ♡